Sales of quad bikes are booming in New Zealand

Filed under: Quad Bikes News — Mark on February 9, 2012

There has been an increase in the number of farm quads sales in New Zealand, which may indicate that that farming sector in Southland is booming. The president of Federated Farmers said that the increase in sales was a very positive sign for farmers.

According to the Motor Industry Association sales of farm quads are up to 10.9% more than they were in 2010. The sales of utility ATV have soared across New Zealand in 2011 and the spike was showing positivity with farm quads selling a great deal faster than those for pleasure. The sale of quads has been on average around 70% higher than sales of road bikes in the 50cc range with one shop owner revealing that is sold 100 new Suzuki quad bikes a year. Around 60% of these sales came from dairy farms around New Zealand while the other 40% were due to beef and sheep farmers. The average layout for a brand new utility ATV is in the region of $13,000. While new quad bikes cost in the region of between $8,000 to $17,000. Interestingly farmers typically always look for new farm quads for sale as opposed to purchasing second hand.

Quad bikes are an essential form of travel for both New Zealand farmers and those in the UK. Farm quads make life for farmers a great deal easier as often farmers live in some of the most rural parts imaginable. Farms are often spread out over many acres and an ATV is one of the fastest and easiest ways to navigate the landscape.

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment